I ♥ Polyvore

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In My Wildest Dreams.....

....I never dreamt I would run THE Boston Marathon....twice

....I never dreamt I would have such loving family and friends to support and raise me up

....I never dreamt I would wear a blue and yellow medal with such pride

....I never dreamt I would find my redemption through the streets of Boston


This year was different.

So many reasons, but above all else.....I learned from my mistakes.

I still saw Team Hoyt and hollered support

I still saw the SAME amputee runner and high-fived her

I still shook hands with the soldiers along the course and thanked them

I was still the runner and person I long to be

But this time as I turned that right on Hereford and left on Boylston

I SMILED

I cherished those 200 yards down Boyslton and soaked it in

knowing I likely will not venture back for the World's Oldest Marathon

I soaked in every single second.

This year when the finish line crept under my shoes I raised my hands to the sky

and I finished....without pain....or fear of passing out

I.DID.IT

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Erin!!!

Leslee said...

Yes.You.Did!!! So proud of you...

Dblstks said...

Awesome job Sis!!!!

Vicki said...

So proud of you!!!! You are a rock star!

Chris Vestal said...

You forgot "while pregnant..."

143