I ♥ Polyvore

Thursday, February 9, 2012

....Go to work Mommy

Growing up I had a Strawberry Shortcake record that I adored. I particularly remember the words from one of the songs, "I've got a go to work Mommy and a stay home Dad....", which is proving to be partially true for us. Monday I returned to work and Daddy had a 4-day to spend with Harlow. We have a pretty unique situation with Chris' schedule and my employer has been fairly receptive to me tweaking my schedule so long as I still work full-time.


Never in my life did I think I would ever be the type to be a stay-at-home Mom. However, having Harlow changed a lot of things. I am not sure yet if it changed my feelings about that, but it definitely makes me think twice. Leaving her each morning is a feeling I cannot explain. Above all else, I think I just didn't expect it to be this hard.


"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone


This quote does a fairly good job explaining some of my sentiments.

Nearing the completion of the first week, I know we will make it work. I know that Harlow will have such a unique experience to share one-on-one time with both her Daddy and Mommy. I know that she will always be in familiar surroundings with those who love her. Knowing those things eases some of the weight. The heaviness in my heart each day I leave.


Above all else I know for sure, we couldn't imagine loving anything so much!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

For now (we aren't sure for how long) we're making it work with me just being a per diem employee, and utilizing a nanny since I work the 3-11 shift, and Jason works regular hours. Our situation is a little unique too - in that Jason actually works from home so even though he's unable to help with baby care, he's typically around even when the Nanny is here. We really like the setup, and it really is nice being per diem now since our hours always consisted of Jas and I literally sleeping in the same bed, but rarely seeing one another. I'm glad things are working our for you so far! Good job momma!

Leslee said...

I know this time is difficult, but you and Chris make a great support team for one another. You will get each other through this and many more challenging times of parenthood. You are doing great!!