I ♥ Polyvore

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Signs

I think back over the years.......
So many memories, so many stories, so many moments
Why do I feel that I can't remember any of them?

A particular song has been in my mind.  I remember the record player.
I remember a small stack of records that belonged to Dad.
I remember him putting them on and him singing them and me trying to sing along.

Yesterday I pulled up YouTube and searched for both of them.

The first was blind man in the bleachers.  
I sat intently trying to remember the very moment he shared this with me.  
I remember thinking about his childhood, about him not having a Dad.  
I remember thinking that he must have related to the song.....that his Dad could finally see him.  

It wasn't this song that did me in however.....

I pulled up the next one.  Not really sure what to expect.

The ballad started and immediately I flashed back to sharing these songs with him.  
The tears rolled before a single word was sung.
I couldn't place where we were, but I just vividly remember feeling so close to these songs because HE had liked them enough to share them with us.
I try to figure out why these particular songs stick out.  
It has been years and years since we listened to these.

But the message in both is the same....Dad is gone.  

No comments: