I ♥ Polyvore

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Strangers

I awoke this morning fresh from a dream.
I was driving to....a hospital?...I'm not really sure.
I drove in through a back entrance of sorts.
There was a phone booth.  
And there he was.
He was standing there wearing a specific pair of pajama pants, bears, pine trees and pine cones on it.
They were fleece.
I spotted him, rolled down the window.....
"Dad, Dad, It's me......DAD!"

He stared at me.....

Maybe he didn't hear me or recognize me.

Next thing I knew I was in a waiting room.  He was sitting across from me and to the left.

He just sat there and I was staring, and crying.......

"I'm sorry, you look just like someone I know......

Can I take a photo with you?"

I recall not taking the pictures, but of looking at them on my phone.  
There must have been half a dozen, different faces, different angles.

Of course, I woke up with the most vivid picture of him in my mind.  
Navy blue t-shirt, maroon ball cap and those fleece pants.  
Oh, and of course....he was carrying his black backpack, the one he always had.

Sigh.


No comments: